Quick easy noodles masala recipe, homemade noodles masala

homemade-noodles-masala

Quick and easy noodles masala recipe with a shortcut easy version. Homemade noodles masala using sambar powder. Can be used in other dishes too.

Who does not like instant noodles? Have fond memories with instant noodles. The first time I ate was only after I started staying in hostel. Amma made buying it in nearby shop and first time I did not like it. It happens with me in many other new items, I try for first time and I don’t like, that includes Pizza! But later I started loving it. Mom makes just like any other upma, but I love it.

noodles-masala

That is temper and sautee onion and make it. She used to make it and pack it, early in morning (Along with lunch packed too) when I leave to hostel so that I can have it before going to class. It used to be divine. Never ate maggie as such, it is always upma version. But Aj doesn’t like anything in his noodle. Just plain one. Some how stopped him eating it when the controversy rose about harmful ingredient in it.

Never thought to attempt the masala at home during that time even though many videos and recipes popped that time. Now, after reading this recipe in twitter form an account I follow, convinced me to try. I tried many times since then. After many mistakes in-spite of a recipe in hand, this is my best version I could share as of now. I did tried the original version with red chilli, coriander, cumin, methi powders. I felt cumin powder or something was over powering, and giving raw smell in the noodles. But I found sambar powder one the very close to my liking.

Indian style masala pasta recipe
Masala pasta is a spicy Indian style pasta with all the spice powders to jazz up the dish to suit our taste buds. Step by step detailed post.
Check out this recipe
masala pasta

I have used my sambar powder I used for everyday cooking. but you can also make the same with store bought sambar powders (Aachi or Sakthi will work) as well as Indian curry powder will also work in this.

Using this masala powder for bajji, pakora and any fritter, dal, parathas, masala upmas. Use it in upmas (semiya upma, millet semiya upmas) and give it to your kids, they would love it!

homemade-noodles-masala
Print Pin
0 from 0 votes

easy noodles masala recipe, Homemade noodles masala

Quick and easy noodles masala recipe with a shortcut easy version. Homemade noodles masala using sambar powder. Can be used in other dishes too.
Course Condiments
Cuisine Indian
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Servings 3
Cup measurements

Ingredients

  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sambar powder
  • 1 tsp Garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Onion powder
  • 1 tsp Corn starch white corn flour
  • 1/2 tsp ginger powder
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp amchoor powder
  • 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
  • 1/4 tsp fennel seeds powder optional
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper powder

Instructions

  • In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
  • Store in an airtight container. use upto 1 month.
  • Add 2 tsp, heaped – of prepared masala and required salt for single serving of the Instant noodles.

Video

Notes

  • According to the sambar powder you use, the flavour also varies.
  • Avoid the sambar powder with kopra/ coconut in it.
  • I liked the addition of a little bit of fennel seeds powder in my masala as my sambar powder doesn’t have fennel in it.
  • You must use onion powder and garlic powder. Ginger powder can be skipped.

Noodles masala method:

  1. In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
    step1-mix
  2. Store in an airtight container. use upto 1 month.
    step-2-mix
  3. Add 2 tsp, heaped – of prepared masala and required salt for single serving of the Instant noodles.

Use this in noodles, upmas and I have made semiya upma with this and it is a 💣 Perfect alternate for Instant noodles!

noodles-masala-mix

The post Quick easy noodles masala recipe, homemade noodles masala appeared first on Raks Kitchen.



from Rak's Kitchen https://ift.tt/31bIO1L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best kitchen