Thenga manga sundal, thengai mangai pattani sundal recipe

thenga manga sundal
Thenga manga sundal prepared with green peas (pachai pattani) is a tasty sundal made usually with peas. I have used green peas, you can make it with the white one or even chana.
I have tasted thenga manga pattani sundal 3 times in my life from shop. First with my cousins which I tasted only one mouth but really flavourful and tasty. Next time Vj got from a shop in Kumbakonam, but I was so full that I could not really enjoy it or maybe it was not that tasty as it smelt. Recently in train on the way to Kumbakonam, I loved. I thought I should try at home too. But it was just manga pattani sundal, I don't think they added coconut as it would get spoilt soon. Usually elders at home never allow to eat pattani sundal outside as it would be spoilt or no hygienic. That's the reason why I haven't eaten it out. There are various versions with or without onion, simple asafoetida flavour or masala flavoured. I love masala flavoured ones obviously, but haven't tasted properly to guess the ingredients, but I know it smells great.
thenga-manga-pattani-sundal
I mostly make the simple chana sundal with asafoetida flavour, and add mango in mango season. I a do not like to eat sundal that much, but if I add mango, I finish it properly. This time, I wanted to try with pattani as I had this green peas in stock for long time now and wanted to finish it off. I made the simple flavored one this time, but sure have to try white pattani beach sundal once (preferably after tasting, not sure if it would happen).

Thenga manga sundal recipe

Recipe Cuisine: Indian |  Recipe Category: Snacks
Prep Time: 10 mins + overnight soakingCook time: 20 minsServes: 3  | Author:

Click here for cup measurements

Thenga manga sundal prepared with green peas (pachai pattani) is a tasty sundal made usually with peas. I have used green peas, you can make it with the white one or even chana.
Thenga manga sundal recipe

Ingredients

Dried peas (I used green) - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 (Optional)
Shredded mango - 1/4 cup
Shredded carrot - 1/4 cup
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup (Optional)
Salt as needed
To temper
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Green chilli - 3
Asafoetida - 1/8 tsp

Method:

  1. Soak peas overnight. Next day, change the water, pressure cook with enough salt in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
  2. Meanwhile, keep the other ingredients ready. Once done, heat a kadai with oil and splutter mustard, followed by urad dal and curry leaves. 
  3. Add green chilli, asafoetida, followed by onion. Add cooked peas.
  4. Top with mango, carrot, coconut and coriander. Mix well for 2 mins.

Notes

  • I added onion and layered peas over it followed by other ingredients. Later started mixing after a minute.
  • Make sure to cook with salt, otherwise the peas will turn soft.
Tags: thenga manga sundal, thengai, mangai, sundal

How to make thenga manga sundal step by step pictures:

  1. Soak peas overnight. Next day, change the water, pressure cook with enough salt in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.thenga-manga-step1
  2. Meanwhile, keep the other ingredients ready. Once done, heat a kadai with oil and splutter mustard, followed by urad dal and curry leaves. thenga-manga-step2
  3. Add green chilli, asafoetida, followed by onion. Add cooked peas.thenga-manga-step3
  4. Top with mango, carrot, coconut and coriander. Mix well for 2 mins.thenga-manga-step4
Serve hot the best!thengai-mangai-pattani-sundal


from Rak's Kitchen https://ift.tt/2mnhS9O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best kitchen