Tammy Lost 9 Pounds and 17 Inches!

Meet Tammy, Who Lost 9 Pounds and 17 Inches!

Hi, I’m Tammy. I just turned 45 in September. I have two girls (10 and 15), and I am fully loved and supported by my high school sweetheart and my first love! I have worked in both the medical and education fields. I have a B.A. in English Language Arts/Special Education and I am currently finishing my MSW w/Trauma Cert. so I can become a Licensed Trauma Therapist. While in school, I have taken some time off from working to care for my mother-in-law who is now living with us, and to prepare for completing my field work that begins in January. I love exploring with my family and seeing new places, especially waterfalls and places near the ocean! I love animals and we have a few pets. I just love having fun and doing things that bring me peace and help to make memories for our family!

I have always been pretty healthy. I have participated with exercise apps, WW, etc. and although I had results I kept plateauing at a certain weight and was not seeing substantial success. 

I grew up on large meals and homemade baked goods, so yes….I struggled with sugar and portion control. I was losing my energy and metabolism! I was always tired and forcing myself to be productive. I had been using Rachel’s recipes for about a year, but I did not do the initial detox or participate in the actual Challenge. I knew what I should’ve been doing to change but I was fighting it! 

I have been following Rachel and CFC for a couple of years now, but I just made the decision to participate in the 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge last month. I was having some health issues and I just had a total hysterectomy in June. I was tired of feeling chronic pain and other issues when I am only 45, so I decided it was time to make some changes! I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 13 and I never want my girls to go through that, so I do whatever it takes to be proactive for my health and wellness!

My greatest obstacle was letting my mind tell me that I didn’t need to do the Challenge, when my body was clearly telling me I needed to make some major changes!

Another struggle for me is living in an apartment! I don’t have the space to store meal preps and organize everything as much as I would like to, so I make most of the meals at mealtimes and store what I can for extras. 

Also, although my family has been completely supportive, they are not doing the Challenge and choose to still eat what they want, so that is a struggle with temptation for me. So far I have been committed enough to not give in.

I love the Unstuffed Cabbage Skillet (I also make it in the Instapot) and the Apple Nachos! There are so many great recipes for all meals, snacks, drinks, and desserts.

I just completed my second month of the Challenge and I have lost 9.4lbs and a total of 17” throughout my body! 

As much as I don’t see much change in the numbers and pictures, I definitely FEEL the changes in my body! I struggle with thinking this is a transformation, but I know it is for me!

  • The chronic pain I was having in my stomach is gone.
  • My clothes fit better and I am wearing clothes that didn’t fit before!
  • I have more energy and desire to be active.
  • I feel more positive about myself and my journey!
  • My hot flashes are significantly less frequent and I have had minimal menopausal side effects.
  • My arthritis and inflammatory issues are much more manageable!
  • I FEEL 100% better and it didn’t take doctors or medicine to do it!

I still eat normal, healthy food that I love and I don’t feel guilty about what I am putting in my body! I know it sounds like a cheesy infomercial, but it is legit!

Even my asthma has been better and I have been able to decrease the dosage for my maintenance inhaler.

The first week you are going to feel like all you do is cook, eat, sleep-but that was the week I saw drastic changes for the better! So many of the recipes are quick and easy to follow and will take you just as much time, or less, than what you currently make for meals! Even though my family is not doing the Challenge, I have incorporated the recipes into our daily menu and for the most part, they have loved many of them as much as I do!

I chose to continue on as an Annual Member until I can reach my goals for my weight loss!

Don’t let your mind tell you that you don’t need the Challenge! Listen to your body and think about your current health! Take inventory of your health and wellness! It is easy to choose to do the Challenge, but it is hard to commit to “following the plan”. It takes time (minimal), planning, and the willingness to make changes, but you will experience the worth of making the journey!

Just embrace the experience and be present in the goals of each week!

– Tammy

The post Tammy Lost 9 Pounds and 17 Inches! first appeared on Clean Food Crush.



from Clean Food Crush https://ift.tt/3wlG27T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best kitchen