Nungu Sarbath recipe, Summer coolant

nungu-sarbath

Nungu sarbath is a popular street side drink sold in South India. Learn how to make this thirst quencher, as well as body coolant for the summer.

Sarbath in street side shops are really tasty and different. I have had only couple of times while travelling. Once in my childhood and once in recent years. But remember the unique taste. The syrup is really different, as well as the lime they use. They give it with seeds, still no complains. Both the times I tasted, I was extremely thirsty. So it might have been doubled the taste.

how-to-make-nungu-sarbath

What we get these days are less flavourful and more sugary. But grateful atleast we get those here in Singapore. Before when I buy rose, nannari syrup, it used to get empty really soon. But now a days it’s too sugary that I could not complete the drink.

Wanted to try nungu sarbath badly and since I got a palm fruit pack, thought I should try this and nungu rose milk that i posted earlier. It was too good that it tasted like some jelly drink. The texture of the nungu was really enjoyable.

nungu-sarbath
Print Pin
0 from 0 votes

Nungu Sarbath recipe

Course Drinks
Cuisine Indian
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Servings 1
Cup measurements

Ingredients

  • 1/2 lemon
  • 3 tbsp nannari syrup I used 777
  • 1/4 cup nungu/ palm fruit mashed roughly
  • 1/4 cup crushed ice
  • 1 generous pinch salt

Instructions

  • Mash palm fruit if it is tender. Mine was not soft, so I pulsed using mixie.
  • Gather all ingredients. In a serving glass, add first crushed ice. Then the palm fruit.
  • Top it with nannari syrup.
  • Squeeze lemon, sprinkle salt, mix and enjoy immediately.

Video

Notes

Adding salt gives a spike in the drink, otherwise it will really flat with just tanginess and sweet.

How to make nungu sarbath

  1. Mash palm fruit if it is tender. Mine was not soft, so I pulsed using mixie.
    step1 nungu
  2. Gather all ingredients. In a serving glass, add first crushed ice.step2-add-ice-nungu
  3. Then the palm fruit. Top it with nannari syrup, saltstep3-syrup-salt
  4. Squeeze lemon, mix and enjoy immediately.
    step4-lemon

You can add ice water and ice cubes too if you want instead of crushed ice. I love crushed ice in my sarbath.

nungu-sarbath-recipe

The post Nungu Sarbath recipe, Summer coolant appeared first on Raks Kitchen.



from Rak's Kitchen https://ift.tt/2XF2oQK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best kitchen